By Desmond Nleya
A two-year-old toddler who was abducted earlier this week at **Meikles Mall** has been found alive, bringing immense relief to a city that had been gripped by fear and anxiety.
Asanda Ndlovu was recovered on Thursday morning at a city flat after a community member provided crucial information that led investigators to her location.
According to two technicians from a private security firm involved in the search, the breakthrough came after a tip-off from a concerned resident who suspected the child had been taken to a flat in the city.
“The informer said she suspected the toddler was somewhere at a flat but wanted to get a closer view of the CCTV footage,” one of the technicians said. “We showed the informer a clearer footage and she confirmed that it was her she had seen.”
The technicians reviewed surveillance footage, which confirmed the toddler’s presence at the identified flat. Authorities were immediately alerted.
Detectives from the **Criminal Investigation Department (CID)** Homicide section responded swiftly to the information and moved in, locating Asanda unharmed.
Police sources said the child was found alive and is now safe. Further details regarding the circumstances of her abduction and whether any arrests have been made were not immediately available at the time of publication.
The recovery marks a dramatic turn in a case that had sparked widespread concern across the city following Asanda’s abduction at Meikles Mall on Tuesday. Residents had taken to social media and community platforms to share information and assist in the search.
Authorities are expected to release more details as investigations continue.
This is a developing story.
National
Relief as Bulawayo missing toddler is found alive
